May be due to some programming limitation in iOS due to its security.
UPI app using SMS verification in background while we first register it. I think it is not possible in iOS.
HDFC app don’t have UPI for iOS yet. ICICI have it but its not a full UPI app they are integrated it with their netbanking app. We can not use another bank or link other bank.
We need a good UPI with nice UI in iOS.
Only available UPI app is ICICI bank netbanking app which is not a full UPI only app.
Features of UPI:
1. UPI allows one to send and receive money to anybody directly from one’s bank account using only their mobile numbers.
2. All transactions are in real time hence the recipients get the money directly in their bank account in a few seconds. This is a huge positive when compared to the typical settlement times of 2-7 days in legacy systems of credit/debit cards etc.
3. UPI allows for a mobile phone to be transformed into a POS device for merchants. This will democratize payment collection systems for even the smallest of merchants.
4. Your money remains in your bank account earning interest right till the point you need to pay. Unlike an e-wallet, one does not need to make those cumbersome top ups to one’s wallet account.
5. Transaction costs are the lowest since UPI cuts out all the intermediaries from the system. Also, any bank account can be linked with UPI enabled apps like Mypoolin and TruPay through one’s registered mobile number with the bank.
I will update this post once its available